When it comes to email marketing, there is a lot you need to know. Everything from email collection, sending, ad copy, open/send rates and much more. The good news is that most email delivery systems have tracking methods in place for most of these key areas. However, it’s still extremely important for you to know what’s working best in the world of email today, and how to keep improving upon what you already have in place.
To help with this process, we’ve created the ultimate list of “37 Email Marketing Stats to Blow Your Mind”, which can be seen through the infographic below. We’ve also hand-selected a few of our favorite stats and dove into them a bit deeper.
37 Email Marketing Tips to Grow Your Business and ROI
Email marketing is one of the most powerful and effective forms of lead generation and business in the world today. Through the use of leading data management and marketing companies in the industry today, we are highlighting 37 mind-blowing stats that every brand, business, and marketer need to know.
- Transactional emails have 8x more opens and clicks than any other type of email, and can generate 6x more revenue. – Experian
- Email marketing technology is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies. – Ascend2
- 95% of companies using marketing automation are taking advantage of email marketing. – Regalix
- About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices. – Campaign Monitor
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. – Aberdeen
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. – Campaign Monitor
- 81% of online shoppers who receive emails based on previous shopping habits were at least somewhat likely to make a purchase as a result of targeted email. – eMarketer
- 72% people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. – MarketingSherpa
- Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%. – DMA
- 50% of marketers anticipate their company’s spend on email to increase during 2015. – DMA
- The total number of worldwide email accounts is expected to increase to over 4.3 billion accounts by year-end 2016. – Radicati Group
Special thanks to Campaign Monitor for coming up with their original list of 70 email marketing stats and tips.